Saturday, August 21, 2010

1 or 2 inch flat iron/hair straightener?

I'm going the buy a Remington Wet 2 Straight Ceramic Straightener tomorrow because my sister has had one (2 inch) for a couple of years and I use it every time she comes over. It does the job, straightening and drying my hair in one easy step and makes my hair very sleek and shiny.





BUT I don't love how it makes my hair look so flat..with no body or volume, I guess because I've never tried curling or flipping it.





So...my question is...should I go with the 1'; or 2';? I have very long, thick, slightly wavy hair. They say ppl with my hair type should get the 2'; because it saves time but can I curl or flip with it?











P.S.


Please don't tell me to go buy a $200 straightener, yes I know the price would be worth it in the long run but I'm freaking poor so just answer the question lol


Thanks!1 or 2 inch flat iron/hair straightener?
go with a 2 inch, and for more volume


try flipping your head over and straightening


your hair. if you go with a one inch for


thick hair it may be hard to straighten it


but since 2 inches are normally also thicker


it will get the job done better and faster.1 or 2 inch flat iron/hair straightener?
2
I've used both a 1 inch and a 2 inch flat iron. I have very thick, stubborn hair but I definitely preferred the 1 inch, because the size makes it much easier to use. I found the 2 inch clunky and hard to work with, and it really didn't save me very much time. I could pretty easily use the 1 inch for flipping and curling and even for adjusting my bangs.
i like the 1 inch irons better- you can use it to give you more volume, they're usually lighter, and they're easier to work with.





To get the volume, when you straightne your hair at the roots, don't pull it straight down- straighten your hair in a vertical motion, ulling the iron towards the ceiling, then pulling down when you reach the roots- this will get your hair straight at the ends, and volume at the roots.








even though its a wet to straight iron, NEVER straightne your hair when its wet- let your hair air dry first, then straighten it :)





Good luck!
  • matchless
  • brown hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment