Monday, August 16, 2010

PLEASE help with choosing a hair Straightener/Flat Iron?

I know this question may not be as important as others on here, but I have been saving my money for a VERY long time to get my older sister a hair straightner, a NICE one that will work like a PRO and last. She has R E A L L Y thick, wavy/curly, and LOOOOONG hair! I have heard about T3's, GHD, and even cheaper ones at like Walmart (which she has tried with no success) and I just want to know: what works? How good is it? Cost? Quailty? Even things like Tourmaline (or however you spell it) or Ceramic? I just want to get her something that heats quick, works GOOD without having to keep going over and over the strand of hair, and REALLY keeps the hair STRAIGHT. Also, if you know of any straightening hair products that work well, ESPECIALLY in humidity, I would LOVE to know about them, to go alone with the present. Please, I want to get her something REALLY great, and I only have one shot at it. Please let me know everything you can. Thanks so much!PLEASE help with choosing a hair Straightener/Flat Iron?
Definitely a Farouk CHI straightener.. I have heard really good things about them, and they last a long time. But here are some reviews and ratings on straighteners...


http://www.folica.com/appliances/straigh鈥?/a>


http://www.flatironreviews.com/PLEASE help with choosing a hair Straightener/Flat Iron?
I bought the CHI and ir broke with two weeks.





Took FABULOUS CARE of it, used ti maybe 4 times.





and tis dosent even work that well.

Report Abuse



conair
conair anykind
chi.





the best out there!





connair, is sh i t.


its like 10 dollars, and trust me its price really ends up showing.





so ..











CHI, CHI, CHI, CHI, CHI, CHI, CHI





XO
chi
conair.





hope this helps!
if u use mangell it straightens it uhu








AYO CHECK OUT A PREVIEW OF 36MAFIAS NEW SONG


AT MYSPACE.COM/36MAFIAZZ


FOR A LIMITED TIME SO HURRY!!!!!!!!
CHI!!!!!!!!!!! My hair is also very wavy and thick and it works awesomely!!!!! Ceramics heat up very quickly!!! You would probably want to get about a 1'; straightener! The Quality is GREAT!!! but the cost is about 100 for the least expensive and range up to well be creative!!!
The Maxiglide is the best I have very thick curly hair and it works wonders. She just has to put her hair into sections so it comes out straighter. God Bless!
put skeet on your hair
Get a Chi. They're fantastic. They cost anywhere from 80 to 130 but well worth it. I have super thick curly hair and it straightens wonderfully!
everyone says chis are the best but they break in a year.


SEDU is the best and its a lil over $100.


check out folica.com
You just described my hair. and my story. After trying about 10 diff kinds of hair straighteners, I finally paid money for an expensive professional one and I got results.


Try CHI hairproducts and the original model straightener. It works VERY well on thick hair without frizz or poofiness. Its a litle expensive appx 120 dollars, but you can find it cheaper on ebay. good luck!
I'm gonna go with chi! They're about 150+ has she tried frizz ease for the frizz? I happen to think frizz is sexy but that's just me (I have really thick curly hair too and I've just learned to accept the frizz lol) frizz ease made my hair feel nasty/gritty idk? But yeah chi is just about the best straightener you could get your sister without have a crap ton of money to blow.
The CHI is really god cuz it doesn't break your hair a lot like most straightners do and t doesn't damage it a lot either I use it and it works really well and it costs about 180 dlls, but maybe you can get it cheaper online. I've also heard that the Maxiglide which is sold on Tv is really good but you can check it out online.
Well, a CHI is one of the best flat irons, its expensive and you get them from a beauty brands. I got mine for 27.00 on ebay. If you can't spend a chunk of money like that at beauty brands which is like 79-100.00 dollars, get one from walmart. Frizz ease is good, get at walmart, Also if you use a paddle brush or round brush as you dry your hair. Make sure you are holding the dryer at a down ward andgel as you dry the hair while having a chunk of it on the brush as you brush downward. This helps alot of the frizz.
Chi, Global Beauty, Sedu





They all work the same, they are good ceramic strighters, pro good, around $110
well my sister is a hairdresser and can get the straightners from the baeuty stores you can only shop at if you have a lisence. deff. get a ceramic hairstraightner and dont get the crappy conair or cheap quality brands. my straightner is by MEGA HOT CERAMICS. it was around 60$ which is very cheap and i actually got it half off. it heats up in about 20 sec. and is fully heated in a min. it goes up to 400 degrees farenieght. no straightner garentees to keep the hair straight. it depends on the weather and the hair type. my straightner works very well and ive had it for over a year and a half.








good luck!














ps-





maxi glide,conair and chi suck. they break and are just a scam.
ok, mine is a (i think!) pro. straightener....its called ';jilbere de Paris'; i do believe.......anyways its REALLY good and i love it SOO much! hope i helped! :P
Definitely the Chi! I think it is the best thing money can buy. I have one, and it's great. The cost depends from model to model but mine cost $120. It was pink (for Breast Cancer) and came with a fantastic thermal protection spray.





They have newer models too.





http://www.folica.com/Chi_Flat_I_317_1.h鈥?/a>





Check out this website. The one I have is the forth one down





Good luck!!!
Chi in my opinion is by far the best it lasts about 2-3 years (which kind of sucks) but i have heard of a couple of people that it lasted 5 years anyways it will strighten any kind of hair my best friend has really tight ringlets that are real hard to strighten and it worked awesome on hers the most she had to go over a certain piece of hair was twice. they can range from anywhere between $100-300 (depending on where you buy it) I also heard good things about Sedu from some of my friends however i know absolutely nothing about them.


here are some priced from $100-130


http://www.folica.com/CHI_Ceramic_Fla_d2鈥?/a>


http://www.folica.com/CHI_Ceramic_Fla_d5鈥?/a>


http://www.folica.com/CHI_Ceramic_Fla_d6鈥?/a>


http://www.folica.com/CHI_Pink_Flat_I_d2鈥?/a>


and as the product goes i use redken (sp?) but that is the one the someone pointed me towards if i were you i would go in to a beauty salon or hair salon and ask what they reccomend using and describe the hair type)
well that i know of HAI is the best kind of hairstraightner


it cost around 100 200 or MAYBE 300





it is a CERAMIC straightner and is sold at the mall or at any hair salon


i think that the highest tempurature on it is 400 f





there r more than one type of those


depending on what type of hair u have








i suggest that [if u get it]


before your hair dries use moose


then dry ur hair on a cold setting


then straighten ur hair





but use hair spray








it should last a good 2 days





well hope i helped





=]
My hair is naturally wavy, and I use a Conair big curling iron to straighten it. I blow-dry, once it is dry I spray the Aussie spray on it. Let it dry. Then I big roll my hair and I get a 'flip', and it straightens it out. My hair itself is thin, but I have A LOT of it, and this works really good for me. You can get them at Walmart, they aren't too expensive.


'I hope I helped you! ;)
My hairdresser told me about Maxi Glide and I've seen the cheesy infomercial but I bought it and it's really great. I have quite long hair and most of the time don't even bother to blow dry because of how much effort it takes. The Maxi Glide is really good because I'll wash my hair at night, let it air dry overnight and straighten it in the morning, it's good enough to get the toughest kinks out.


I also did a lot of research before buying the flat iron. I heard that this one works great but several people complained about some malfunctions early on. I had my for about 8 months now and it works perfect so I can't say whether that's the case. It's fairly pricey but Bed Bath and Beyond sells it so if you get those 25% off coupons in your mail it gets a lot more reasonable. So sweet of you to be looking out for your sister :)
get her a chi or an Infashine they go for like over a $100.00 bucks but they work the best! A smaller size paddle like a 1inch will allow her to get closer to her scalp but a 2 inch will iron more hair. you can buy them at salons or beauty supply stores. You can also try a line of products made by matrix called sleek looks. they have humidity resistant products. if you want you can call this number (209) 957-4244 and ask for Tom, Jackie or Veronica(it's probably gonna be long distance cause it's in Stockton, California but they will ship the iron and the products to you) they also make this hairspray that is the bomb and you can't buy it anywhere else. it works the best for flat ironing. You spray a little bit brush it through then iron then brush again and your hair is sleek and still soft but it holds all day! it is amazing! it's called Sir Gauuan's Classic Shiny Shape Aerosol hairspray. You can also ask for their crystal shine spray.
  • top 10 myspace
  • why doesn't my 7 week old kitten bury his poop
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment