Thursday, August 19, 2010

Could I straighten permed hair with an iron?

I want to straighten it with my flat iron but I dont know if itll ruin it and take all my curls away. I got i permed like in the beginnings of January. The hairdresser didnt want me to get it permed cause my hair was already really dry but I got it done anyhow. I brush my hair with a brush cause it really tangly so it yea it's dry but can I straighten it once or twice without losing my curls that I paid for!! How should I care for it..Could I straighten permed hair with an iron?
For all the dumb asses that said ';yes';, u must be shot now.


I am a hair condolent. You can not straiten a permed hair. It's just imposible for it to look good. If you got the perm, then you have to live with it for about three months, or just got back to the salon and get it fixed. The perming of the hair can not be ironed, because the hair forlocels already been burned to get it curly in the first place. Stratining it will just make it fall out.


Take my advise.Could I straighten permed hair with an iron?
you can flat iron you hair with flat irons not an hot comb.[i know this for a fact]

Report Abuse



NO. you can't straighten you're hair with an iron, it will destroy it. go back to your hairdresser and see what they can do.
yeah shud be able to - perms change certain bonds in the hair structure permanently, where as blow drying and straightening doesnt change the hair structure permanently.





if ur hairs tangling up - use a deep conditioning treatment ( a reconstructor will help repair the hair) and a leave in conditioner to help detangle and add moisture 2 the hair.


when straightening, use a thermal protection spray





*** to reverse a perm involves using more chemicals - same chemicals used for a perm but to relax instead and tht does kill ur hair





****did they not teach u hairdressin megan - ur is NOT ';burned'; to make it curly, perm lotion breaks and changes the bonds in the hair permanently...neutriliser is added to make sure the hair stays in its new shape...i.e. evn if the hair is straightened or what not if u wash the hair it will go bk to its new shape - curly. if u keep doing comditioing treatments - reconstructing 1s, ur helping to repair any damage to the hair
You could, but you'd burn and kill it. Go to ur hair dresser and have them remove the perm.
My wfe got a perm in jan. Cost 80 bucks and she uses her straighting iron every morning before work. Her hair dresser would not de perm her hair because it is in bad shape also. But she makes it straight every morning and it looks great
dont straighten it right away use this shampoo for about a week


http://www.herbalessences.com/us/collections/dangerously_straight/


then straighten it
Yes, once in awhile is fine. Although, don't waste your money on Dangerously Straight Shampoo and Conditioner from Herbal Essences. Complete waste of time. Instead, get Pantene Pro-V's Hydrating Curls collection. This makes my permed hair SO much more hydrated and less dry. So YES, you can straighten your hair every once in awhile- and believe in me- get Pantene Pro-V Hydrating Curls. It works so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment