Saturday, August 21, 2010

How can I straighten my hair without damaging it?

I don't want to chemically straighten it, I just wanna use a blowdryer or a flat iron (which ever is safer) to straighten it.





What can I use to straighten my hair everyday for lets say the next 2 or 3 years WITHOUT burning it or making it fall out.





Could you also back up what you're saying with a website or something? Thanxxxx in advance ....





P.S(Oh and are ceramic flat irons good, don't they burn or damage your hair of any sort or way?)How can I straighten my hair without damaging it?
I went and spent the money and bought a Chi, it's one of the best brands of hair straighteners. I also bought some spray for my hair from my hair stylist it's to help with the heat and not damage my hair. I would look for something like that at a target if you don't have a hair dresser.How can I straighten my hair without damaging it?
ok i have to break this up but bear with me...


What I do is use JOHN FRIEDA COLLECTION FRIZZ-EASE STRAIGHT AHEAD Shampoo and Conditioner whenever I shower, only shampooing every other day.

Report Abuse



After that I apply JOHN FRIEDA COLLECTION FRIZZ-EASE Straight Answer Straightening Spray to my hair, combing it then blow drying as straight as possible with a round bristle brush.


Once my hair is dry, I straighten it with my VIDAL SASSOON CERAMIC straightener which is absolutely amazing.

Report Abuse



Ceramic straigthers are really good because the plates are made of ceramic materials and ceramic protect your hair because they help lock in moisture and prolong hair color.

Report Abuse



After doing so my hair is soft, shiny and rarely frizzy.


My sister has wild frizzy and curly hair and this method works for her so I hope it works for you as well:]

Report Abuse



All flat irons do burn, but blow-waving your hair b4 can make it better. And heat proof spray is great too! Sometimes after i straighten my hair i gently use my hairdryer on cool on it to cool it down.





wikihow.com type in straight hair without straightener for more tips!
go to http://www.beautymonials.com - They have tips ranging from all hair types and especially the flat iron how tos.
Almost every brand of products has at least one thing that will help you to protect your hair while using heat.


http://www.nexxus.com/hair_care_types/st鈥?/a>


http://www.redken.com/products/displayPr鈥?/a>


Using a blowdryer or a flat iron every day is going to be damaging to your hair. There is no doubt about that. What you can do is repair your hair using deep conditioners like these (http://www.redken.com/products/displayBr鈥?/a>


Ceramic irons cause less damage to the hair but you are still going to have some damage. Never use the iron on wet hair even if it says you can. That is completely damaging.


The Chi and the Sedu are supposed to be the best. I have thick curly hair that has been bleached from dark brown to blonde that I straighten almost every morning and it is still shockingly soft becuase of all the products that I use on it.


Take good care of your hair and it will be fine.
ceramic straighteners are better. everything you do to your hair is damaging. make sure when you are goin to straighten your hair that you put some product on 1st so that if the drier or iron gets to hot it will burn the product before it gets to your hair. try not to straighten your hair everyday. that's the #1 way to fry, dry and thin your hair out. and if you can let your hair air dry before you straighten it, instead of using a blow drier. regularly condition your hair, brush it thoroughly throughout the day..
Having curly hair myself I straighten it quite often and my hair is healthy and in great condition. I would first get a haircut or just a trim to get the dead ends off. Having a good haircut that is healthy for your hair helps out a lot when it comes to styling it. If it's too long your ends can be fried and straightening will only further damage your hair. What I use to straighten my hair is ConAir products. I recently bought the new Infiniti Tourmaline Ceramic Straightener. It safely dries your hair while straightening it. After washing and conditioning your hair wrap it up in a towel until it's damp, not completely dry. Apply a mousse for soft hold or a gel for a sleeker, stronger hold. I also apply a straightening balm like RedKen Ultra Straight 12. Divide your hair in 4 sections, clip up 3 and leave one hanging to start drying. Using the conair straightener through your hair, from root to ends under and over so the hair doesn't look too uniform. Repeat the steps with the rest of the sections of hair. I usually go over my hair with the curling iron to get those pieces that the straightener missed AND to smooth it out. You may apply frizz serum or a polishing or shine serum to ends. I hope this and the websites I provided help you out. GOOD LUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment