Thursday, August 19, 2010

How do you straighten dry curly hair?

My hair is naturally curly and dry. If i don't put gel in it, it doesn't maintain a curl and just gets frizzy like a fro. I really want to straighten my hair but when I flat iron it, my hair gets really brittle and frizzy and not even that straight. It looks like a wig. Even when i use heat protecting serum and blow dry.





I need expert beautician advice and/or people with the same hair type as me.





p.s. I don't want to chemically straighten it.





How do you straighten dry curly hair?
Maybe your hair is damaged. Try to get a scalp treatment or hot oil treatment. Good luck. How do you straighten dry curly hair?
Invest in a deep conditioning treatment (all professional lines have them- ask for samples at your local beauty supply store) and use it after you shampoo at least once a week. This will help your hair become more healthy and less dry which will prepare it for the straightening. You should also use a Chi flat iron which is very expensive but has ceramic plates which won't fry your hair as easily and comes with a warranty in case you need to replace it. Continue to use a professional heat protectant before you straighten and get trims often to keep your hair as healthy as possible.
i have the same problem. i just wash it, but some treatment in it for like 10 minutes, rinse it out and put conditioner. i leave a tiny bit of conditioner in my hair. then i but some cream in my hair and i blowdry it well. after i blowdry it, i use a flat iron for an extra touch. if you have dry curly hair, don't use a flat iron to straighten it while it's wet. too much ironing will dry out your hair more and cause more frizz (TRUST ME).


the best thing to do is after you wash your hair and everything, do the sets (the rollers) and dry your hair in the dryer. after you remove the rollers, since your hair is already dry, all you need to do is straighten it with the blowdryer. iron it a LITTLE once you're done if you want.


Always make sure you have cream in your hair so that you burn away some of the cream and not the natural moisture in your hair. the rollers help you avoid exposing your hair to too much heat.
I have hair that sounds very similar. I have to use a good shampoo and conditioner. There is no way I can use a supermarket brand on a regular basis. I also use a leave in conditioner and a straightening serum/balm (Kerastase is my favourite, but Avon make a good cheap one too) on top of that. Once it is dry, regardless if I let it dry naturally with curls or straighten it I always finish off with Tigi After Party. I also use a treatment at least twice a week also. My hair does not like hair dryers and makes it frizz big time. The only time I can use one is when I intend to use a straightening iron afterwards or wear it up.





Yes, this sounds like a alot, but I will pay it to have normal hair that does not look like a frizz ball and dry looking.
My hair is really curly. This is how I straighten it:


1. Wash with straightening shampoo (Suave has one in an orange bottle...Smooth Down)


2. Condition with straightening conditioner


3. Put Extra Strength Anti-Frizz serum in your wet hair...comb to distribute


4. Blow dry with the BIGGEST round boar bristle brush you can find


5. Spray Hot Iron spay on dry hair...comb through


6. Start with the bottom layer of hair and spray with hairspray and straighten one section at a time


It takes me about an hour to do all of this. It lasts two or three days.
Try using grease or some type of hair lotion before your straighten it. I'm not sure what type of hair you have, so I cant really tell you what to use. Since I'm black and seem to have the same hair as you, i'm not sure, use a light weight grease and only a small amount.
Okay...All you have to do is like if you're done taking a shower and you washed your hair, you use the cold thing to blow dry your hair.Don't make the thing hot or warm. And also comb your hair every day.
Do you have a Good straightener?? Plastic ones DO NOT works at all!


My hair is somewhat like this. I have to use the highest temps. to get it straight! Go to a salon and ask them for a good straightener.
Try putting some gel or mousse on wet hair. Then blow dry it and use a straight iron.


Or you could ask someone who works at a salon.


But look for hair products that moisturize your hair.
just use hair products like moose and gel and vitamin hair conditionar and samoo and when ur hair isnt dry anymre try starightning it



I would say a good hair straightener
there you go

No comments:

Post a Comment