Thursday, August 19, 2010

My little sister wants me to flat iron her hair EVERY DAY!!!?

( im 14 btw) my 5 year old little sister always wants me to straighten her hair before she goes to school..sometimes i do but sometimes i dont because that will definately ruin her hair..but when i dont..she throws the biggest tantrums and she is screaming and crying soo hard! i dont know what it is with her and why she wants her hair to be straightened every day! She also begs me to put makeup on her like mascara and eyeliner before she goes to school..but thats when i draw the line and i dont do it to her..and again she screams and cries. But what i found out, is that in her pocket she stole one of my victoria secret lip glosses and she apparantly wears it every day to kindergarten! My mom said that this is a stage and it will pass.. but can anyone tell me how to tell her no, she cant flat iron her hair, without her throwing tantrums?My little sister wants me to flat iron her hair EVERY DAY!!!?
i'm 14 too, and my sister is 6, and i have the exact same problem with her.


i don't know what her problem is, but i think she's trying to impress some boy in her grade or something, haha.


but anyways, i have just started to ignore it.


i would help her if she didn't throw HUGE tantrums, take up time i need in the morning, or complain about it when it was done.


i know i sound like a horrible sister, but i really just had to draw the line.


especially when she started stealing my makeup.


once i saw her in my room with a load of concealor on her lips that she thought was supposed to be lipstick or something.


annnyways, my advice to you is to maybe teach her how to braid her hair, or how to put it up in a cute high ponytail or something, just some way she can learn herself, so that she can do her own hair in the morning.


i hope i helpedd! :]


and truuust me, i know how you feel.My little sister wants me to flat iron her hair EVERY DAY!!!?
You seriously need to tell your mom again..
no.


she is five %26amp; should NOT be wearing any makeup or flat ironing her hair. good for you. =]


i would not straighten your hair for a couple days. try to make her realize that the ';big kids'; like curly [or wavy, or whatever hair she has] hair better. (:





good luck.
tell her that if she uses it it will kill her hair!! five year olds will believe it. if she asks why do you use it just say beccause im older and my hair is already healthy, or just say no i stopped and pretend to throw it away or something. then just hide it from her.
tell her if she keeps flat ironing her hair every day it'll damage her hair so badly it'll be burnt... then she couldn't do anything with it period. she's only 5, and while i can understand young children's want and desire to act/look much older than their age, but tell her if she does this now, then by the time she's 7, she wouldn't be able to do anything with her hair. geez... VSS lip gloss for a kindergartener... times sure have changed...
LOL!!!


Well, i think she is tring to impress someone. Anyways, i am agree with all answers. I think you should tried all of them and see which one works. I will probably stop straighten her hair first. I think its a good start.


GOOD LUCk
Let her do something elese thats harmless, like doing her hair in a high ponytail or whatever she wants, or give her some nicer lotion for her face.
hit her with the iron or with the hair brush....trust me, she can whine about it all she wants but shes not going to her cats looking pretty....

No comments:

Post a Comment