Saturday, August 21, 2010

Do many people not realize that straightening hair with chemicals and flat irons is damaging to hair?

i wonder if people realize this before they say- straighten your curly hair- press it- perm it-


do they not realize that those chemicals could cause cancer? or yet alone split ends, bald spots?


seriously. you don't know what's in those chemicals or how to pronounce many of them-


some people of certain racial backgrounds aren't supposed to have straight hair- that's just the way it is- why is it such a problem to some? that they can't even look a person in their face when they are biracial or black or hispanic hair because their hair is curly- their hair is just curly- its not a big deal-


its really dumb to me- very vain too- i have some who can't even look me in my face because of my curly puffy hair- its just hair-


that people just say do this- do that- straighten it- i had been straightening it for years and it was falling out- not healthy- not long anymore because i was listening to the wrong people- without even evaluating what the chemicals and flat irons do?Do many people not realize that straightening hair with chemicals and flat irons is damaging to hair?
I get that too.


My hair is (dry textured and fine) yet thick but not oily like alot of white people but prone to split ends as well. But shines. Here is what I did. (Below) I am being silly. Hope you get a laugh out of this.





Keep it REAL and wear your curls. Who cares what people think??


I refuse to fit in a mold of straight hippy hair world!!!





I wear mine it like it is. So what if they look at me crazy they might be just jealuse!!! Because my hair goes bouncy bouncy!!





I just wash and wear my curls no primping straightening required!!





In Fact sometimes I put a little moose or gel to get SUPER CURLS on top of what I have allready! haha!!





Curls rule!!! I love them and we are a blessed people to have ringlets.


Thank you Lord for giving us pretty hair!


I personally think guys love curls.


I come from the 80's where curls and big hair was the thing.It still is in my book. Give it some time it will come back around. Then everyone will want what we have!Do many people not realize that straightening hair with chemicals and flat irons is damaging to hair?
Thanks for the 10 pts!!)

Report Abuse



Yes.





We all know that straightneing one's hair is damaging, and sure alot of the products are filled with harsh chemicals. But at this point in today's socety everyone is trying to achieve a look so doing it doesn't seem so bad. People want to look good. Simple as that...





But hey, if you feel confident and attractive letting your hair be however it wants than good for you, I'm sure you rock it quite well :)





good luck
my hair broke off because of it.
I Have curly hair.. =) I Love it but my hair suits me better straightened.. =[
You're so right. It's best for your hair to go AU NATURAL. But it sure wouldn't hurt to use a hair straightner or a hair curler or something everyone once in a while! (Just not too much!) :)





As for your curly hair, I don't mind people with curly hair. God created us all with our personality and hair styles, so why not keep it?
I realize that but it looks better totally straight.
Well I knew they damage hair because obviously you are applying heat and chemicals and making you hair doing something they aren't naturally. And that's really dumb for people not to look at you just cuz of your puffy hair.
People like to ignore this. Even when they know, it's bad.
i used to straighten my hair but it got bad dry,split ends.., i stopped using flat iron now my hair is healthy as ever curly long black shiney hair.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment