Monday, August 16, 2010

Are hair diffusers any worse for my hair than flat iron straighteners?

I have very frizzy and wavy hair. I use to use flat iron straightners to fix my problem, but after a year or so of doing that everyday, I noticed how damaged and brittle it made my hair. I stopped and only straightened my hair once in awhile. However, that meant putting my hair up in a bun a lot, which I thought made me look very frumpy. I recently started using those hook up diffusers you put on blowdryers after I noticed them being used at salons to style and dry hair. I like the results, even if my hair isn't as straight with a flat iron, but it gives me shiny, tame hair with a bit of bounce and volume in it. However, since I just started using it, I'm worried that it isn't less damaging as a flat iron like I originally assumed. Is there any difference or are they both just as damaging to the hair?Are hair diffusers any worse for my hair than flat iron straighteners?
NO THEY DONT DAMAGE YOUR HAIR.... DIFFUSERS ARE USUALLY USED FOR LIGHTLY DRYING YOUR HAIR OR A LIGHT SURL NOT FOR STRAIGHTENING!!! TRUST ME!!! DONT DO IT READ MY TIPS AND TRICKS BELOW ON WAYS TO GET POOFY FRIZZY HAIR FLAT AND STRAIGHTENED!!!!!!!.....( BRITTLE NESS IS NOT CAUSE BY THE STRAIGHTENER BUT BY YOURSELF! GETT IT TRIMMED OCCASIONALLY............................鈥?READ ALL THIS INFO IT IS ALL MY OWN WORDS AND I HAVE GONE THROUGH THE SAME PROBLEMS! PLEASE LOOK AT THIS AND READ IT THROUGHLY!








Straightening: Well I bought a Conair for $36 Last year year for x-mas it works really good ( called the infiniti it is ceramic and has ion technology ). I am planing on getting a new one soon maybe a month or two. If you plan on straightening make sure to clean it off every time BEFORE %26amp; AFTER you use it with warm water and a paper towel. ( reduces static ) I would also recommend getting a new hair cut or trim to make your ends nice and even; having your ends / layers nice and even helps the actual effect of you straightening therefore it looks a lot better. Straightening comes with the disadvantage of spending 45 mins. to maybe and 1 and a 1/2 hours to straighten ( DEPENDS ON YOUR METHOD IT TAKES ME 23 EXACT MINUTES! )


MY METHOD: '; Turn on you straightener and while allowing it to heat up take the top part of your hair ( on the top of your head) and put it a bun ( on the top of your head ). NEXT take a piece of hair maybe 1 and a half inch wide ( depending on the size of your straightener )NEXT take your FULLY HEATED straightener and bring to the top strand of hair squeeze together and bring down very slowly BUT at any costs do not stop keep a SMOOTH motion. NEXT finish the gliding of the straightener and when you take it off you should see steam. if you dont try it again or you straightener may not be fully heated ( allow more heating time.)NEXT do all strands UNTIED ONES. THEN when finished and satisfied take another hair-tie and tie it back ( loosely! so you dont CRIMP your straightened hair. NEXT take out the bun and straighten that hair the same way. UNTIL you get to the back part of your head then untie the ALREADY straightened hair and finish. FOR BETTER RESULTS STRAIGHTEN THE REST ALL TOGETHER AFTERWARDS AND COMB ONLY BRUSHING MAYCAUSE STATIC!





HEAT PROTECTANT SPRAYS FOR STRAIGHTENING DO NOT WORK DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY AS LONG AS YOU CLEAN IT LIKE I SAID YOU WILL NOT HAVE A PROBLEM!!!








Chemiclly Straightening:


I do not actually recommend chemial straightening cause it ruins a lot of people's hair. I know a friend who payed $260 do get hers done but it is fine, and it is undamaged. Un-like straightening you dont have to do anything to your hair besides wash it and go in every so often to get it re-done. But this also comes with a dis-advantage it is permenantly straightened until chemicals wearoff; you could have it permenantly, ( be careful and have a well trusted profession do this you could ruin your hair for life!!! )





straightening sprays / creams:


I think both of these are a total rip-offI have tried to use them before I spent $120 on a 6ounce bottle!!! and it was a TOTAL waste!





GoOd LuCk AnD bE cArEfUlL Of BuRnInG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





Source(s):


REALITY AND PERSONAL LIFE! I RECOMMEND A STRAIGHTENER WITH ceramic PLATES and has ION technologyAre hair diffusers any worse for my hair than flat iron straighteners?
There is a reason they tell you to take time off from hair straigtening, because it is damaging for your hair. THAT';S WHY I STOPPED.





Reality as your source? You need a dose of reality to get over how full of yourself you are.

Report Abuse



I think a hair diffuser would be better for the hair then a flat iron. But either way just use a heat protectant first.

No comments:

Post a Comment